Here is the promised tutorial – forgive me, but I am incredibly tired tonight so it will be a bit of a slapdash tutorial, particularly since it is so simple to do. Simple and inexpensive. Not the most luxurious, but an easy way to glitz up a dinner party on a budget!
First your materials:
- a curtain rod – I got mine from Ikea for just £1.19!
- wide wired ribbon – about 3 meters
- thin ribbon – I used 4 meters
- small round Christmas baubles
- jewelled dangling Christmas ornaments
And how to put it all together:
- Cut a length of thin ribbon and tie a small bauble at one end
- Tie other end to curtain rod
- Continue tying baubles and ornaments onto thin ribbon and then tying onto the curtain rod
- Length doesn’t matter – alternate
- When finished, wrap the wide wired ribbon around the length of the curtain rod, covering the loose ends of thin ribbon
- Using any leftover wide wired ribbon, make two bows for the ends of the curtain rod
- Hang and enjoy!