My girls go through loads of hairclips, headbands, bows, etc. Most often I will send Emilie off to school with some beautiful adornment only for her to return home with it broken in 3 places or simply gone altogether.
I needed a fast, cheap, hair-holding solution.
I came up with this:
Things you need:
- snap clip
- half a pipe cleaner
- hot glue gun
This sweet little clip literally takes about 2 minutes to make — a seasoned crafter might even be able to get one done in under a minute!
Here’s how to do it:
1. Curl your pipe cleaner half up into a neat little circle, tucking the sharp end underneath
2. Apply a dab of hot glue to the end of your snap clip
3. Attach your pipe cleaner circle to the snap clip
4. Add another dab of hot glue to the centre of the circle and apply your button — all done!
5. Stand back and admire your work. 🙂
My girls love these clips and I don’t have to worry if they lose them — I can whip up a new set in no time at all!
This is a basic clip. You could always dress it up by using coloured snap clips, covering the clip with felt, adding a sparkly button, or even using metallic pipe cleaners for a different effect.
Let your imagination loose!